Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What we're eating this week ...

Happy November Friends!  I cannot believe that it is November already, where is this year going?  Before we know it, the holidays will be upon us and then we will be ringing in 2011!  Sorry to be posting this so late in the week, but I had my college roommates in town over the weekend and I've been playing catch-up all day!  We had a wonderful time together ... but that is for another post!

Here is what we're eating this week: 

Sunday - Lasagna-Style Baked Ziti from Real Simple.  I LOVE this magazine, such great recipes, ideas, etc.  J. and his old roommate, G.S., went mountaineering all day Sunday so I made them ziti when they got home.  It was pretty good, but a little bland.  I'm not sure if it needed more salt or spices or if it was just the marinara sauce I used.  I served it with garlic bread and it was a very good dinner.  

Monday - Thai Honey Peanut Chicken with broccoli, served over rice.  This. was. so. good.  Seriously.  It is definitely going into our rotation of favorite recipes.  The sauce would be fantastic with any kind of stir-fry and vegetables.  Next time, I think I will try it with shrimp.  Delicious.  

Tuesday - Leftovers.  Tupperware containers are taking over my refrigerator.  Help!    

Wednesday - Breakfast for dinner.  I haven't completely made my mind up yet ... we might have pancakes or waffles or omelets.  Right now I am leaning towards pancakes or waffles.  Yummmm.  

Thursday - my mom is coming to the Pacific Northwest!  Yay!!!  I am going to attempt to make a pot roast ... it will be my first try so keep your fingers crossed that it turns out okay!  

Hope that you all have a great week!  Do you have any new recipes that I should try?  

No comments:

Post a Comment