Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Mother Visits the Pacific Northwest - Part II

Back to posting about my mother's visit to my little corner of the world ... over the weekend I took her and J. to Leavenworth.  My roommates and I had a great time there and it's hard to find a lot of outside stuff to do during the rainy season!

We started our trip at the waterfront park ... even though it was gray and cloudy, we still had a good view!



 And then we headed to the main street and wandered around for a few hours ... it was considerably more crowded then when I took my Purdue girls.



We had lunch at the same little cafe ... J. was excited to have a German beer.



After lunch, we headed to the Nutcracker Museum (J.'s favorite part of the day!)  But honestly, it was a really cool museum AND the curator was Conan O'Brien's first guest on his new show ... no joke!
J. and Karl

J., me and a GIANT nutcracker

The Mouse King

The Mother and J. with their Starbucks Holiday Cups!

 On the way home we stopped along the Wenatchee River to take some pictures ... it was beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment