Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy (Belated) Thanksgiving!

So I didn't intend to take a blogging break, but multiple things have kept me away from my computer (one of which may or may not have been Hoarders: Season One). Anyways, I hope that each and every one of you had an amazing Thanksgiving holiday!  I've had lots of "Friends Thanksgivings" in the past, but I've always been at my mom's house with my family on Thanksgiving Day ... we've always done the traditional turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, etc.  But, this year, we stayed out here in Washington and had a big Friends Thanksgiving ... and it was SO MUCH FUN!  I am totally a fan.

My mom had to work (she's a nurse), so my sister came out and spent the week with us.  We didn't get to do a whole lot because the Seattle area was snowed in but we had a good time and managed to keep ourselves occupied.

We made it to opening weekend at Mt. Baker:
Me & The Sister

J., Me & The Sister

J. & I

We watched Baby Lucy sleep:

 We took the dogs for a walk in the snow ... it was cold!  

We went out for Italian in Burlington and had Bellini's:

 And we went into Seattle and saw Post Alley:  

and Pike Place Market:


We wine tasted at The Tasting Room in Seattle:

And we had Thanksgiving with all of our wonderful friends!  I don't have any pictures because I left my camera in G.S.'s car when we went to Vancouver a few weekends ago :(  We really had such a great day together and it was nice to spend the holiday with new friends and to learn about their traditions!  I think I also enjoyed this years Thanksgiving because it wasn't a ton of work for any one person ... everyone pitched in and brought something and we all helped the host cook the turkey, serve and clean up.  All of the food was SO good and it was great to try some new dishes!  And of course we all said what we were thankful for before we ate ... and also what we were going to be thankful for NEXT Thanksgiving!  It was a great new tradition that I will be adding to my future Thanksgivings!

A lot of changes have occurred in my life since last Thanksgiving ... many that I never would have imagined ... and I am continually reminded how lucky I am!  I know everyone thinks this about the people in their lives, but I truly am so very lucky to have such wonderful family and friends.  So, it's only fitting that this year, I am most thankful for all of the PEOPLE in my life (and my four legged friends!).  I am blessed with a wonderful family ... one that is supportive and loving and has been there for me every step of the way this past year.  I have amazing friends ... friends that I've known for years, friends that have seen me through high school and college, friends that I've traveled the world with, friends that are living in many other states and countries and new friends that I've made since we moved to Washington ... each and every one of you is so important to me and I am so thankful to have you in my life!  Thank you for being there for me whenever I needed you.  And I am especially lucky to have a wonderful boyfriend who puts up with me on a daily basis and is especially kind and supportive right now during my very stressful job search :)

I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday with your families, got fantastic Black Friday deals if that is your thing and are ready to kick-off the Christmas season!

1 comment:

  1. The weather was ridiculous! And Hoarders, somehow that shows disgusts, fascinates, and saddens me all at the same time. It also causes that compulsion to purge.

    ReplyDelete