Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What we're eating this week ...

It's been awhile since we've had a full week of meals at home ... it took me awhile to come up with a menu for a full week and make my shopping list.  But, I desperately needed to go to the grocery store so that was my motivation.  Our kitchen is so bare that we couldn't even have pancakes for breakfast this morning because we are out of milk and eggs.  Whoops.

Sunday ... A couple of J.'s friends came over so I made a big dinner for everyone.  We had Sausage, Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Shells courtesy of the Pioneer Woman, Garlic Cheese Bread courtesy of the Pioneer Woman and a salad.  What would I do without the Pioneer Woman?  I get most of my recipes from her or Tasty Kitchen (which is her creation also).  We've had the Garlic Cheese Bread once before and it is to die for.  I also made this cake for dessert.  No, we don't really need dessert after all that other food but I've been dying to make this cake and this is my only opportunity.  Okay, maybe not my only opportunity, but a good one :)

Monday ... Tomato Orange Soup from the Flying Elephant Delicatessen in Portland.  We stopped here on our food tour (which I will blog about sometime this week, I promise!) and it was amazing.  I don't even like tomato soup and I'm going to make a whole pot of it.  It was THAT good.  I am planning on serving it with some kind of "adult" grilled cheese.  And by "adult" I mean I will be using cheese other than Kraft Singles.  Nothing too fancy.

Tuesday ... The Best Lasagna Ever courtesy of the Pioneer Woman.  We've had this a couple of times and it is really good.  J. is getting ready to go to Key West for the month of October (seriously ... it's for "work") and this was his request.  I'll serve it with a salad and possibly Garlic Cheese Bread if there is any leftover from Sunday.

Wednesday ... Fettucine Chicken Florentine ... a new recipe from the Tasty Kitchen!  It sounds delicious, so I hope it will be as good as it sounds!  We will probably have a salad with this dish as well.

Thursday ... Leftovers.

Friday ... we will be celebrating J.'s birthday (early ... it's in October while he's in Key West).  He wants to go out, but we haven't picked a restaurant yet.

It feels good to be home for a whole week and have a "food plan."  It makes me feel organized and healthy ... even if some of the things we are making are not so healthy.  At least, if I'm making the food I know exactly what's going into it!  Happy Eating!

S.E.J.

1 comment:

  1. Aren't food plans awesome? I've been really bad about mine, but that's because my husband and I are a little unpredictable when it comes to dinner. Sometimes we'll randomly decided to go out or whatever and it throw off the whole system. Ah well. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete