Wednesday, September 1, 2010

House-wifing ...

I never wanted to be a housewife or a stay at home mom (no offense to any of you housewives or SAHM's or future SAHM's), I just never thought it would be for me.  I'm getting a lovely little taste of the housewife life right now while I am job-searching.  And when I got home from Houston last night ... I was thrust right back into the craziness of it all.  J. had a 6:00 a.m. brief this morning and was going to be on base for 12+ hours today, so as soon as we got back from the airport he went up to Anacortes to stay the night at a friend's house and I was home alone with all my housewife chores to do.

I have to say ... I don't know how you housewives and SAHM's do it.  It's exhausting!  And my dogs are being TERRIBLE today, making me feel like I have two little toddlers running around who need constant supervision!  Geez.  I have a whole new respect for all of you out there who spend your days chasing after small children, grocery shopping, running errands, making dinner, cleaning, doing laundry and trying to find time for yourselves.  I think the key is to always have a bottle of wine chilled in the fridge ... and many many more back-ups on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment