Friday, September 17, 2010

The Jeep

We have a Jeep Commander (which I LOVE and J. now HATES).  The check engine light started coming on about a month and a half ago but it always went off really quickly.  Over Labor Day weekend, the light came on and wouldn't go off and the car wouldn't go past 4th gear.  So we took it into Jiffy Lube to have the oil changed and asked them to look at it.  They diagnosed it and J. took it to another place to have it fixed.  All was good for a day.  And then the light came back on.  So J. took it back to the place where he had it "fixed" and they kept it for two days.  And then told J. it would cost $3,000 to fix.  So, we took it to the Jeep dealership.  Where it has now been for 3 days.  They don't know what's wrong with it.  They've talked to the first place that "fixed" it.  They don't agree on what the problem is.  So, the lead technician at the Jeep dealership is calling the engineers at Chrysler tomorrow to talk to them about it ... how ridiculous is that?  I think they should just give us a new car :)  I've never once taken my car in and been told they can't figure it out.

So that's the ridiculousness I've been dealing with this week.  J.'s parents got into town last night and we've got lots of fun things planned for the weekend.  Then I am off to Portland to visit some good family friends on Sunday night :)  I hope you all have a fantastic weekend ... I will see you next week!

1 comment:

  1. That sucks! Hope they can figure it out (or give you a new one!)

    ReplyDelete