Thursday, September 16, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love ...

Eat, Pray Love is a memoir about a 32-year old who has "everything" but is still unhappy.  She gets a divorce and spends the next year traveling to Italy, India and Indonesia (Bali) where she eats, prays and finally finds love.  Elizabeth Gilbert did a fantastic job with this book and I LOVED it.  I've read it at least twice, maybe more.  Every time I read it, I feel like I learn something.  I even gave it to all my closest girl friends for Christmas one year ... and I don't usually give books as gifts.  (Ironically, I seem to have lost my own copy somewhere along the way).


I wanted to see the movie so badly, but I was also afraid that it might not do the book justice.  But, I am happy to report, I didn't have anything to worry about.  My sister, cousin and I saw it while we were in Houston a few weekends ago and the movie was SO good.  I highly recommend it to everyone (and the book!).  I think I might have even liked the movie more than book ... probably because I LOVE Julia Roberts and let's be honest, Javier Bardem is MUCH cuter than the real Felipe (sorry Felipe).

Julia Roberts

Julia and Richard from Texas

Julia and Javier Bardem (YUM)

Ketut Liyer ... the medicine man that Elizabeth Gilbert befriends in Bali

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read it or seen the movie, but I am curious. It sounds like such a positive story.

    ReplyDelete