Sunday, June 10, 2012

Teaching English

Happy Monday!

Sorry for my absence last week friends!  I would love to tell you it was due to something fabulous like a vacation, but the truth is I started working!  Which could be considered fabulous I guess - just not vacation fabulous.  

Anyways, I was fortunate enough to see a post on Facebook from a woman getting ready to PCS back to the States.  Her husband was retiring and, in true Navy fashion, they didn't know if they would be leaving mid-June or sometime later.  She was teaching English out of her home and needed to find new teachers for all of her students.  I went to her house for an "interview" and was slightly disappointed to find out I was not the only person she was considering for the job.  However, there was no need to worry - Annie had plenty of students to go around!  She split her classes between me and two other ladies and I still received 25 students.  The Navy finally gave them their orders and we had two weeks to do the hand off.  I watched her teach a few classes and then I taught a few classes and she critiqued me.  I am teaching two classes a day, everyday during the week, except Tuesdays.  My students range in age from 3 to 14 and I am loving them!  I was slightly worried because I had no teaching experience, but Annie already had a great teaching structure in place and I was able to take over fairly seamlessly.  I feel very fortunate to have inherited a "full-time" teaching job!  

On top of teaching, they finally added another yoga class to our fitness schedule so I am now taking two yoga classes a week, two Body Pump classes a week and trying to fit in a couple of runs a week.  For the first time in two years, bathing suit season is right around the corner and I plan to be ready!  

Add in taking care of Lucy, the house, our finances and everything else while J. is away and life is pretty busy these days.  I have to say, I am loving it.  I was dreading the start of June and, so far, it has flown by.

I hope June is treating you well!

No comments:

Post a Comment