Friday, June 15, 2012

Deployment Updates

Happy Friday Friends!

We have almost successfully completed three weeks of this deployment - yay!  It was a little stressful there in the beginning, but things have calmed down and Lucy and I are doing just fine.  Although I do talk to Lucy like she is a person ... that's normal right?  We've been busy and we've got a fun weekend planned as well!  We are going out in Yokohama tomorrow night and on a tour to the Yunessun Hot Springs in Hakone on Saturday!  I've also completed half of my deployment goals (which I have yet to blog about, whoops) and I'm also doing pretty well with my Weekly Intentions for this week!  I love my lists :)

J. has been busy too - most days they fly twice a day and if he's not flying, he's standing duty.  I don't typically get an email from him until around 1:30 or 2:00 a.m.!  I'm glad they are busy because I think it helps the time pass more quickly for them as well, but it would be nice for him to have a break!  However, I don't think they will be getting one any time soon - I read recently that the George Washington conducts more daily, flight sorties and recoveries than any other aircraft carrier in the fleet and has fewer no-fly days!

The U.S.S. George Washington has a Facebook page that it updates periodically with pictures from around the boat.  They have been showing our Growlers a lot of love lately:

J. and Scratchy landing on the USS George Washington for the first time

J. and Scratchy coming in to land ... what I love most about this picture is how perfect the shadow looks on the deck

Looks like nasty weather

I love how this shows how the jets are stored on the deck

I hope you all have a lovely weekend! 

See you Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment