Thursday, May 31, 2012

Deployment Disasters

I had the best of intentions of getting up this morning and telling you all about visiting the Kamakura, but alas, this deployment has already gotten the best of me.  It has been non-stop SOMETHING since that man of mine left.  

First, his friend Bag-O didn't make it to the boat on Sunday when he was supposed to so he needed somewhere to do his laundry and crash.  That turned into having a few beverages and being unproductive.

Then, I booked my ticket to the port call I'm going on only to find out less than 24 hours later that the dates had changed.  Luckily, we were able to call and cancel the tickets, but it caused high blood pressure for the rest of the day.

I came home to find that my air conditioning unit was pouring water down the wall and all over my favorite chair.  And, of course, it was a holiday.  So I had to call the emergency line and the guy who came out to fix it treated me like I was a five year old idiot.  He also told me that I was overworking my air conditioner and should be running it at 25-27 C.  Ummm, seriously?  That is 74.5-80 F.  I don't keep my house that hot in the winter, let alone at the start of summer.

Then, Mrs. K13's baby had a seizure and we had to go to Yokosuka because our base doesn't have a hospital.  You don't really think it's a big deal, until you NEED one.  (It was determined that the seizure was due to a high fever and he appears to be just fine, but it was scary nonetheless).

Oh and did I mention that the email on the USS George Washington has been down since Sunday night?  So, no communication with the boys.

I'll leave you with this picture of a Growler and Mt. Fuji


I hope your week started out more calmly!


1 comment: