Wednesday, June 13, 2012

bento.com

In the U.S., I am pretty reliant on Yelp.  It's a great way to find new restaurants and bars either by neighborhood or by type.  And I love to read the reviews, especially when people comment on what they ordered.  Sadly, while Yelp is in some international cities, it's not in Japan.  And it's pretty hard to do a google search for restaurants unless you are fluent in Japanese, which I am not.  Maybe someday.  

Enter bento.com.  It's not exactly Yelp, but it's the closest thing I've found.  I spent some time browsing the site and was happy to find a few restaurants I want to check out as well as a Wine Cave that sounds promising :)  You can search by city - Tokyo, Yokohama, Kyota, Osaka or Nara - or you can read different articles.  For example, they're featuring an article on the "Best Breakfast Spots in Tokyo" and another one on "Sushi Vocabulary."  The best thing about the site is that it's all in English!  

So, J. Friends, next time you need some guidance in finding something to do ... check out www.bento.com.  

Now I just need to see if they have an app ...

No comments:

Post a Comment