Monday, June 25, 2012

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a wonderful, busy, productive weekend and that it was just what you needed!  Mine was!  This was the first weekend this month that I had absolutely no plans for Saturday or Sunday and I was SO excited.  And it went by WAY too quickly, as usual. 

Friday, one of my favorite students decided to bring his "pet" to class:


I was not a fan!

Friday night, we had our Officer's Spouses Club monthly meeting at the lovely V.'s house (hi V.!).  We talked some business, but we mostly just ate, drank wine and margaritas, and hung out.  

I had some major goals for Saturday and, I am happy to report, that I accomplished all of them!  But not without a lot of help!  I ran some errands around base, vacuumed out the car and then came home to do some major damage to our yard.  We have a small side yard for Lucy and it's really just a pain in the you know what.  We are expected to take care of the lawn - but we left all of our yard tools in the U.S. It was my plan to find a high school kid to mow it every week, but you would not believe how hard it has been to find a reliable person!  There are kids that knock on the door some Saturdays but they don't come every Saturday, so I can't rely on them.  So, I decided the easiest thing to do would be to do it myself.  I'd just like to throw in a disclaimer that I will be 28 in two weeks and until this weekend I had never touched a weed whacker or a lawn mower.  So, I called in some reinforcements, borrowed a lawn mower and a weed whacker, and we set to work!

I will let the pictures speak for themselves:

The giant pile of weeds that we pulled 
(we have more grass than weeds in the yard)

Mrs. A. hard at work

Weed whacking the perimeter

We also sprayed the entire yard for bugs but I didn't take a picture of that step!

The finished product
(looking MUCH better thanks to Mrs. A. and Mrs. D.!)

We worked up quite the appetite doing all that yard work, so we decided to make a Mexican feast for dinner.  Mrs. D. boiled chicken breasts in chicken broth with a packet of fajita seasoning and we made chicken tacos!  Mrs. A. made guacamole - no mexican fiesta is complete without guacamole!

Delicious chicken tacos 

And then we took Miss Lucy for a walk - it was a very productive day and I felt very accomplished by the end of it!  I should also point out, that before they came over to help me with the yard, Mrs. A. and Mrs. D. moved a queen sized bed from base to Mrs. D.'s house out in town.  Who needs men when you've got friends?!

I ended the night with a glass of wine on the couch - watching Big Miracle and painting my nails.  It was the perfect, lazy Saturday night!

I had more big goals for Sunday and I am pleased to report that I accomplished all of them as well!  It's amazing what you can get done when you actually have a free weekend.  I ended the weekend with a movie at the base theater - Think Like A Man.

It's my last full week in Atsugi before Mrs. S. arrives ... this month has flown by!

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment