Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What we're eating this week ...

It's another short week in our household ... J. had President's Day off so we went on a little last minute trip to Portland.  We were in Portland on Sunday night and last night we had dinner at a friends house so I only have to make three meals this week.  And I've found some new recipes ... I hope I'm out of my recipe rut!

Here is what we will be eating this week:

Tuesday - Lasagna Skillet.  I love lasagna but it's really a pain to make.  It takes forever and has a million different steps so I usually only make it on the weekends when I've got a lot of free time.  I hope this recipe will make lasagna a weeknight meal in our house!


Wednesday - Beer Can Chicken.  I've heard a lot about beer can chicken and I hope it lives up to its hype!  I made my first whole chicken last December (?) and it was so much easier than I expected (and so much better than the rotisserie chickens I was buying at the grocery).  Plus, there's usually enough leftovers to make another meal.

Thursday - Chicken & Wild Rice Soup.  I only started eating Chicken & Wild Rice soup last year (I'm a weird eater).  Paradise Bakery & Cafe has the best Chicken & Wild Rice soup and I loved it.  But then we moved.  And there is no Paradise out here.  So, I'm attempting to create my own with leftover chicken from Wednesday.  I will let you know how it goes!


I hope you all had a great weekend!  I'll be posting later this week about our weekend in Portland!

No comments:

Post a Comment