Friday, February 18, 2011

What we're eating this week ...

This week has FLOWN by ... I cannot believe it's already Thursday.  I am really looking forward to coming home tonight, eating beef stew and watching TV all night :)

Sunday - J. was gone (he has been SO busy at work lately, I'm looking forward to seeing him this weekend!) so I had leftovers.  

Monday - It was Valentine's Day so we had Filet Mignon, Twice Baked Potatoes and Asparagus.  It was really good.  We  didn't really use any recipes ... J. just marinated the filets in steak sauce for a bit and then made them in his cast iron skillet.  I made a delicious peanut butter pie for dessert.  Most people use a graham cracker crust but I chose an oreo crust this week.  It's such an easy dessert to make and very light ... and we've had pie all week! 


Tuesday - we had fish tacos ... I blogged about them last week, but J. didn't get to try them so we had them again.  This week, I let J. make the dill sauce and it turned out pretty spicy!  We also added store bought pico de gallo and this spicy corn salsa I found.  They were tasty!


Wednesday - we ordered in pad thai.  One order of pad thai from our local Thai place is enough for three meals (no joke) and is $10.00.  This is our go-to when we don't feel like cooking.  

Thursday - we are having beef stew.  I put it in the crockpot this morning and it will be waiting for me when I come home from the clinic tonight!  Now that's what I call on easy meal!

I hope you all had a great week!  I feel like I am in a recipe rut ... any new recipes for me to try next week?  

No comments:

Post a Comment