Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Weekend Recap

We had a really nice weekend ... I hope you guys did too!  J. had a really busy week while I was in Bellevue taking the bar and I, of course, was EXHAUSTED.  So we stayed in Friday night and ordered a pizza and watched Dexter, Season 3, Disc 2.  I thought the disc only had three episodes on it, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out it actually had four!  Satisfied my Dexter craving for the day and luckily, the next disc is supposed to be in the mailbox today (Tuesday), yay!  I would up my Netflix subscription to 3 discs at a time, just for Dexter, but I'm on a budget and I can't justify spending $20 a month on a movie subscription.

Saturday we went to Mt. Vernon, which is about halfway between Everett and Anacortes, and went to the Bite of Skagit.  The best way I can describe it is that it is similar to the Taste of Chicago, but on a MUCH smaller scale.  They had some great stuff ... ribs, chocolate cake, shortcake with strawberries or mixed berries, tacos, salads, etc.  And it was so much cheaper than the Taste of Chicago.  If you've been, you know how freaking expensive it is.  Each ticket at the Bite of Skagit was $1 and I seriously got a taco for 1 ticket and a "taste" size mixed berry shortcake for 1 ticket.  And they were both delicious. 

Mrs. T., me, Mrs. R. 
(Caroline, if you're reading this, pretend my hair looks taken care of) 

Mr. R. and J.
(Note that it looks like they are holding hands on Mr. R.'s shoulder)

After the Bite, we stopped by one of Mt. Vernon's finest wineries ... Pasek Cellars Winery.  It might actually be a really fine winery, but the tasting room is attached to a gas station.  Seriously, I can't make this stuff up.

I like group therapy.


Saturday night we took the girls (Addy and Lucy) up to the R's and we had Thai and wine and the girls played with the R's dogs.  The R's have a nice backyard and while we have "grown-up" time, they have "dog park" time.  It's a win-win situation.  

Sunday, J. did lots of studying and I ran some errands.  And we FINALLY made it to the Everett Farmer's Market.  It did not disappoint.  I think we will be back as long as we're in Everett on Sunday afternoons.  I didn't take any pictures at the market, but here are the beautiful flowers that I got: 


I think my favorite thing about the farmer's markets around here are the flowers.  You can get huge, beautiful bouquets for $5-10 ... much prettier than grocery store flowers and much cheaper.  This particular bunch was $6 ... but they are dried, so they should last for awhile!  

Hope you all had a great weekend!  

S.E.J.

 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to Netflix I was able to get caught up with Dexter (who I have a crush on, which concerns me a bit)! I was sucked into upping my membership to 4 discs at a time though. You're strong. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete