Monday, May 14, 2012

Copycat Dairy Queen Blizzard

I've been watching a lot of HuluPlus and a lot of HGTV lately ... and they tend to keep playing the same commercials.  The Dairy Queen DQlones commercial and the Lowe's commercial where the two little birds fix up their house.  I don't usually pay a lot of attention to commercials, but that DQ commercial had me drooling for want of a blizzard.  Of course.  Because there is not a DQ anywhere near me.  So, the other day, I took matters into my own hands.  I had vanilla ice cream and I had M&M's.  I could MAKE my own blizzard.  So I did.  

Cast of characters

Three scoops of vanilla ice cream

Yum.

I put three scoops of vanilla bean ice cream into my blender, added a splash of milk to make it creamy and hit blend.

And then I put some M&M's into a plastic ziplock baggie ...

and crushed them up with a rolling pin.  

And then I put several large spoonfuls into my ice cream.  Delicious.  

I was originally going to report that it wasn't quite as good as DQ ... but then I changed my mind.  It was better.  I used ice cream that I liked, I got to pick the exact topping that I wanted (and I could have even had two toppings!) and I got to pick the amount of ice cream and topping.  And it was free because I already had all the ingredients on hand.  The only downside?  I did have to clean up afterwards.  

No comments:

Post a Comment