Thursday, May 10, 2012

Seattle Send-Off, Part 3

I feel like I've written for days and days about our last week in Seattle, but we've still got two days to go! They were much more low key, but still need to be remembered!  

We spent Tuesday morning working out and hitting the steam room before meeting up with Mateo for lunch.  He had been in Korea for work and flew in that morning.  We decided to hit up local favorite Salumi.  Owned by Mario Batalli's family, this tiny neighborhood restaurant serves sandwiches made of meat, cheese and bread.  It's definitely no frills, but none are needed.  It's that good.  We went after 1:00 p.m., so the pickings were pretty slim, but we all enjoyed our meal.  J. and Mateo tried the mole salami and I tried the regular Salumi salami.  The sandwiches were so tasty and I could only eat half of mine, so I had lunch for the next day as well!  

We spent the afternoon lounging in our hotel room before heading to happy hour at The Bookstore Bar.  Bag-O and Mrs. B. made it down to Seattle for one last dinner - they just got engaged and spent the afternoon registering at Williams Sonoma and Crate and Barrel.  Bag-O took us to one of his favorite Chinese restaurants in the International District for dinner.  I hate to admit this, but it was the first time J. and I had ventured to the International District.  Thanks Bag-O for expanding our palette before we left!  

Wednesday was our last day in the States ... sad and exciting at the same time.  We started our morning with a trip to Pike Place Market for some chowder and seafood bisque - along with my leftovers from Salumi it was a tasty lunch.  We had a big afternoon planned - we had to pick up our rental car and take our car down to Tacoma to be put into long term storage.  While J. was putting the car in storage, I had plans to hit the mall one last time.  We hit a minor bump in the road when our directions did not take us to the car rental company, but everything worked out and Randy was tucked away into storage for the next 2.5 years.  I got my last round of shopping in and we made it to Fremont to have one last happy hour at J.'s favorite bar with S2 and R.H.

From there, we went back The Alexis to finish packing and get ready for our big day of travel.  We had to be at the airport by 4:00 a.m. so we had an early morning and a really long day ahead of us.

Miss Lucy all ready for her big flight!

Getting ready to send her off ... I was so nervous for her!

And we were off!

No comments:

Post a Comment