Monday, May 7, 2012

Skillet Cookies

I've been dreaming about the delicious taste of cookie dough for at least two weeks but just could not get the motivation to unpack my KitchenAid mixer and whip the dough up.  But, that all changed this afternoon.  I finally unpacked the KitchenAid and made my favorite recipe (just the regular old Nestle recipe on the back of a bag of chocolate chips) but instead of making cookies, I made one big giant cookie.  In J.'s cast iron skillet.  And then served it warm from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

To. Die. For.

Here's what I did - I followed the Nestle chocolate chip cookies recipe, substituting M&M's for chocolate chips.  I preheated the oven to 350, I sprayed the cast iron skillet with LOTS of Pam and baked the cookie  for 40 minutes.  Next time I would take it out at 35 minutes because it continues to cook in the cast iron and the edges were just a little too crispy for my liking!  Sadly, I did not take any pictures.  Next time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment