Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ten on Tuesday #21 - Zoo Edition!

Happy Tuesday friends!  I have lots to blog about, but I left my camera cord at home so I can't upload my pictures until later tonight.  So, I'm going to go ahead and participate in this week's Ten on Tuesday even thought I am not much of a zoo-goer!  If you want to participate, visit Roots and Rings to link up!

I hope that you all had fabulous weekends ... I can't wait to tell you about mine later this week! 

1.  What is your favorite zoo to visit?
Well, I don't know.  I'd like to see Seattle's zoo and it's probably the closest zoo, so I'll go ahead and say Seattle's.  

2.  Do you visit a zoo very often?
Nope, I can't even remember the last time I went to the zoo.  I know I went to the zoo when I visited San Diego in '06 or '07, but I'm not sure if I've been since then.  

3.  Do you have a membership to a zoo?
Nope.  

4.  When you visit a zoo, do you stay all day or just an hour or two?
Typically, I think we stay long enough to see all the animals.  If I'm going to pay to go to the zoo, I want to see everything!  

5.  Do you buy food at the zoo or pack a picnic lunch?
I think we used to buy lunch at the zoo.  Of course, when I was a kid, eating out was a lot more reasonably priced than it is now.  I assume the zoo overcharges, just like the movie theater.

6.  What is your favorite animal to see at the zoo?
I like the elephants and all the water animals ... polar bears, seals, dolphins, whales.  

7.  What is your least favorite animal to see at the zoo?
The snakes and spiders.  

8.  What is your favorite memory of going to the zoo as a kid?
I don't really have any particular zoo memories, but when we used to visit my grandparents in Chicago we would always go to the Shedd Aquarium.  We LOVED it and I always loved seeing the sea otters swim around in their habitat.  

9.  Do you visit the gift shop when you go to the zoo?
I might, but I probably wouldn't buy anything.  When we used to visit the Shedd Aquarium, we used to get a stuffed animal from the gift shop.  

10.  On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best and 1 being the worst), how nice is your city's zoo?
I haven't been yet, so I don't know!  It's on the to-do list.


1 comment:

  1. You can have a zoo membership? Is that the same as season tickets? I love the zoo!

    ReplyDelete