Happy Tuesday friends! Even though I don't work full time, I love short weeks. We're just that much closer to another weekend and more fun stuff! I hope you all had a wonderful Fourth of July weekend, I hope to post about ours sometime soon! This week's Ten on Tuesday is appropriately themed, so head over to Roots and Rings if you want to link up!
1. What do you traditionally do for the 4th of July?
Hmm, well since this was only my 2nd Fourth of July in Washington, I don't feel like we have any set traditions yet. However, we did go to a BBQ both years. So, I guess our tradition is to attend a BBQ and watch fireworks? Sometime in the future, I want to own a house on Big Lake and have a big Fourth of July party every year. We attended a BBQ there this year and they sure know how to celebrate :)
2. Did you follow your tradition this year? How did you celebrate yesterday?
Yes. We went to a BBQ at a friend's house on Big Lake and watched their fireworks on July 3rd and yesterday we went to a friend's house in Seattle and watched the Lake Union fireworks from their rooftop. It was lots of fun!
3. What's the best fireworks show you've ever seen?
Big Lake's were pretty great on July 3rd -- all of the houses on the lake shoot off their own fireworks which were awesome to see and then the local fire department does a big show as well. Seattle's were also REALLY good. If you're in the area and you've never seen their fireworks, I recommend you go next year.
4. Have you ever been injured by a firecracker?
No, I don't like to play with firecrackers :)
5. Burger, Brat or Hot Dog?
Burger or Brat. I don't eat hot dogs.
6. Do you sport red, white and blue on our Independence Day?
Sometimes. I wore a jean jacket and a blue-ish scarf yesterday.
7. If you had to be from any country other than the USA, what country would it be?
Italy or France. I love both countries and cultures and I would absolutely LOVE to live in either one at some point in my life.
8. Charcoal or gas?
Charcoal? We have a charcoal grill but I don't personally know how to use it.
9. What's your favorite thing about this fair country of ours?
Well, I guess that I live here? It really is a great country and traveling elsewhere makes you realize that. We have access to so many things and we can access them so quickly. We really are very fortunate.
10. God Bless the USA, My Country Tis of Thee, or the Star Spangled Banner?
God Bless the USA.