Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hiking Oyster Dome

A few weekends ago we went on a group hike up the Oyster Dome which overlooks Chuckanut Bay and the Puget Sound.  It was a lot of fun, but not exactly the best way to ease back into hiking.  The hike was 6.5 miles roundtrip with an elevation gain of 1,865 feet ... it was hard!  But, as always, the views were worth it!  





Group break

Addy

The boys at the top

Looking towards the San Juan Islands ... that first strip of land is Samish Island


Boats in the Bay



J. and I

The Group
N., D., Mrs. and Mr. S., Me, J. and G.S.


Do any of you Washingtonians have any hikes we should try?  Have you hiked Oyster Dome before?  What did you think?

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! That's a great hike. Haven't done it in awhile.

    Some of my favorites are Lake Serene, Lake 22, Lake Malakwa/Denny Creek, and Goat Flats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh this is beautiful!! I've never even heard of this but will have to check it out! I also love Lake Serene, its lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a rough hike to start out on. Another good one up Chuckanut is Fragrance Lake. It's not quite as long either. The entrance is across the road from Larabee State Park. I really haven't done a lot of hiking though. I need to get on that.

    ReplyDelete