Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mexican Chicken Salad

Happy Monday friends!  I had grand plans of posting about my summer goals or the really HARD hike I did this weekend, but I'm feeling slightly lazy.  So, Mexican Chicken Salad it is ... I made this recipe tonight for dinner.  It was SO good and SO easy.


The recipe is ridiculously easy on its own ... but I made it even easier by having J. grill the chicken last night when he was grilling our dinner and then using pre-made pico de gallo instead of chopping up tomatoes and an onion.  I threw everything into a skillet, heated it up and then tossed it in a bowl with the olive oil and lime juice.  Now, this would definitely be great on its own, but I heated up a tortilla and made a burrito.  Delicious.  I have a ton of leftovers, so tomorrow I might use it to make quesadillas.  If you are looking for an easy recipe that will have lots of leftovers and is also semi-healthy, this is it!  

I'd seriously contemplate going back for seconds, but one of my summer goals is to lose weight.
Sad face.

2 comments:

  1. That looks drool-worthy! I'll have to give it a try, I love trying new salads in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great summer dish. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete