Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hiking - Bridal Veil Falls

Back before J. went to Key West (whew that was AGES ago), I hiked Bridal Veil Falls.  J. couldn't come because he had to work, but his old roommate, G.S., came with me and Lucy.

The view from the start of our hike:

Bridal Veil Falls:




This was a great hike ... the trailhead goes to both Bridal Veil Falls and to Lake Serene.  J. has hiked Lake Serene in the past and really enjoyed it, but it's a pretty challenging hike.  Lots of elevation gain over a few miles which equals lots of uphill!  But Bridal Veil Falls was very manageable, there was a little bit of elevation gain at the very end but overall not too bad.  After we finished the hike, we stopped by a little diner near Index for a milkshake.  This was the view from their back porch (if you look VERY closely, you can see Bridal Veil Falls right above the treetops):



Then we headed into Index to check out Index Town Wall, which is supposed to be great for rock climbing.  J. and G.S. are very into rock climbing.  Me?  Not so much.  I'll watch, thanks. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love it! I'm a waterfall fiend. It's the only way my parents used to be able to get me excited to go hiking with them. And trail mix with m&ms and yogurt-covered raisins. I'm pretty sure I still need that trail mix to go hiking still.

    And I just remembered that I need to send you all my reccs for hiking type things. It's in the works. :)

    ReplyDelete