Monday, October 18, 2010

What I'm eating this week ...

I hope you all had a good weekend!  I did!  I hung out with some fabulous Navy wives on Saturday - we went to the pumpkin patch and picked out pumpkins, went to lunch at an adorable little cafe in Anacortes and chatted well into the evening at Mrs. R.'s house.  Then, when I got home from Mrs. R.'s, I had a nice little surprise waiting for me in my mailbox - a letter congratulating me on passing the Washington State Bar Exam!  It was such a relief.  Today I got a ton of stuff done around the house - some cleaning, some laundry, some grocery shopping, etc.  Since J. is still gone, I didn't plan an extensive menu for this week ... but here's what I will be eating:

Sunday night - Chili and homemade corn muffins!  Both recipes are from Tasty Kitchen.  I just love that site!  In the chili, instead of using a 40 oz. can of kidney beans, I used one (15 oz.) can of kidney beans, one can of black beans, one can of chili beans, and one can of white kidney beans.  I like a variety in my chili!  And this was my first time making homemade corn muffins and they were a success!  And very easy.

Monday - Shrimp and Creamy Cheese Grits with Chilies from The Pioneer Woman.  This will be my first attempt at making grits, so keep your fingers crossed that they turn out!

Tuesday - Spaghetti and meatballs in Vodka Pasta Sauce.  I haven't found a meatball recipe yet, but I can't imagine that they will be too complicated!

For the rest of the week, I am going to be completely boring and eat leftover chili and meatballs and turkey and cheese sandwiches!  Cooking for one gets boring!  I hope to be back next week with more new recipes.

Happy Eating!
S.E.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment