Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What I'm eating this week ...

I'm back from the Midwest, but J. is still in Key West for another couple of weeks.  Last year, I hated to cook for one but for the rest of this month I'm going to try to cook for one!  I can't eat out for the rest of the month ... (1) there's not enough places I like to eat in this town, (2) I'm trying to lose weight, not gain it and (3) it's not in my budget.  So, here's my first attempt at cooking for one:

Tuesday night ... Pan Seared Scallops with Linguine and Roasted Pine Nuts.  Umm, can I say DELICIOUS?  I am eating this as I type this post and this recipe is amazing.  It also teaches you how to pan sear scallops, which is a great technique to know.  The only downside is that both scallops and pine nuts are expensive, but I had both leftover from previous recipes.  So, I had every single ingredient at home.  It was perfect for my first night back!

Wednesday night ... I'm going to use this recipe to marinade steak and then I'm going to turn it into Steak Fajitas with bell peppers and red onion.  Yum.  Since I'm eating solo, I'm forgoing sides.

Thursday night ... Sweet Potato Ravioli with Pecans and Brown Butter Sauce.  I won't be making my own ravioli dough ... I buy wonton wrappers at the grocery store and use those.  Last year I made butternut squash ravioli which were delicious so I'm excited to try these.

Friday night ... I'm undecided ... I'm either going to have Grilled Chicken over a salad with craisins, feta and walnuts or I'm going to have Bacon and Mushroom Quiche Tartlettes from Delishhh.  I'm definitely making the tartlettes this week, I'm just not sure if I want to have them for dinner or freeze them to have for breakfasts.

I hope you all have a great week ... I will FINALLY be catching up on my blogging.  I have TONS of posts to write.  So stay tuned this week to find out about the rest of my trip to Portland, the hikes we have been doing lately, my first visit back to the Midwest since I moved to Washington and my best friend's wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment