Friday, July 23, 2010

Frugality at its finest ...

I've been really really really good lately.  I expected not to work this summer since I would be studying for the bar, however I did not expect to have the ridiculous expense of a root canal in mid-June.  So I have been on a MAJOR budget and I am really proud of myself for sticking to it.  I have NOT been spending money.  I know you don't believe me, but really my biggest purchase last week was $2.69 at McDonald's.  And I got a large Coke AND a snack size M&M McFlurry.  Pretty good deal.

Obviously I have to spend money on groceries and other necessities every now and then, but besides that I'm doing really well.  And I'm REALLY proud of myself.  And I'm even more proud of my post-bar celebration plan that I came up with.  I don't get to celebrate with all my friends at home and everyone I know here works, so there's not going to be a lot going on at 10:15 a.m. on Thursday, July 29th.  But, I happen to be taking the bar at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue, which just so happens to be next to Bellevue Square, which just so happens to be a REALLY nice mall.  So I'm treating myself.  And it's all going to be funded by gift cards!

And to make things even better, I got a surprise in the mail today.  I had a contact rebate (from my contact purchase in MARCH) and they sent me a postcard about a month ago saying that I didn't qualify for the rebate.  And then guess what showed up in the mail this afternoon?  My rebate ... which came in the form of a $40.00 Visa card.  Perfect for my shopping spree.

So next Thursday, I will be treating myself to:













And something great courtesy of my contact rebate.  So, if you've given me a gift card to one of these places in the past year or so, THANK YOU! 

And then on Friday, I desperately need to find a job because I have a growing wish list of things that I do NOT have gift cards for ... but they really deserve their own post.  

S.E.J.


No comments:

Post a Comment