Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day One ...

is over!  And I survived.  And none of the life-ending scenarios that I pictured in my head occurred.  Like ... my Vaio not working.  I was TERRIFIED that I was going to have problems with it.  (And I guess I still could since I still have a day and a half to go ... I better go knock on wood).  I quit using my Vaio and got a Mac about a year ago because I was having really annoying problems with the Vaio.  The sound didn't work, but when I would take it into the Sony store for trouble shooting it would miraculously work again.  And then as soon as I would get home, it wouldn't work anymore.  I also had tons of problems with it booting up and shutting down.  It would take FOREVER.  And I would miss the first 10-15 minutes of notes in class.  So, I've been happy as a clam with my little Mac for the past year.  Until, I signed up for the bar and realized that I had to have Windows on my Mac in order to download the exam software.  Ugh.  That was NOT in my budget and I was SO angry, because this stupid exam costs a fortune between the registration fees, the software fees and the review class.  And the legal field is not exactly brimming with jobs.  So, I decided to break out my Vaio and I've been really nervous about it since.  I am SO thankful that it worked so well today!

I also had visions of there not being any outlet plugs in the testing room.  I mean, I figured they would HAVE to have outlets, but we are taking the exam in a convention center and they encouraged us to bring extra batteries.  I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I walked into Computer Room A this morning and saw that I had not one, but three plugs to choose from.  Whew.  Handwriting twenty four essays did not sound like fun to me.  

I also had visions of having a complete panic attack or crying fit during the exam.  I am happy to report that I did neither.  Even when I opened up the first question packet and realized that Essay #1 was over the ONE subject that I really did not know.  And while I am 100% certain that I did not get anywhere near full credit on that essay, I typed out a somewhat legible answer and moved on.  And from there, it was all downhill.

All in all, today was not as bad as I was expecting.  I think tomorrow will be a little bit more difficult but at this point, I am really just ready to be done with it all.  I'm off to go check out the "Fitness Center" in the hotel and go over a few outlines before I try to get a good night's sleep!

Hope everyone's week is going well!


No comments:

Post a Comment