Thursday, August 2, 2012

Happy August!

Hello Friends!

Happy August!  

I am sorry for my long absence ... I've had a lot of things competing for my attention these past few weeks and my little blog is being neglected.  First, it took me a full week to recover from Hong Kong.  I kind of thought that once we were in Asia, traveling around Asia would be a hop, skip and jump.  Not so much.  It took us a full day to get to Hong Kong and a full day to get back.  Traveling like that is just exhausting for some reason.  

Second, J. is home for his "summer break" from deployment!  Yay!  They really are home just long enough to get used to having someone in your space and then they will be gone again.  But they had to completely move out of their room on the boat, move the entire squadron out of their spaces on the boat and then will have to move back on.  They had 100 boxes to unpack last Friday at the squadron.  It's a little bit ridiculous.

J.'s Welcome Home Banner

His squadron is actually called the Shadowhawks, not the Shadowcats.  Someone on the boat thought they were the Shadowcats, called them that once and Mrs. S. and I have run with it.  I find it very fitting since we are in the land of Hello Kitty :)  I added a Shadowhawk sticker to the middle of Hello Kitty's bow and the sign is pure genius if you ask me!

  And the third reason is that I have been glued to my TV watching the Olympics!  I am obsessed.  I was just reflecting back on the 2008 Olympics and I was lucky enough in 2008 to be employed part-time so I could spend a lot of time lounging on the couch, watching the Olympics.  And, here I am, four years later, with the same luxury :)  We have been DVR'ing everything and then watching until all hours of the evening which has been terrible for any sort of routine around these parts :)  


J. was on leave this past week, so he will be going back to work on Monday and I hope to get back into some sort of routine next week!  Not only has my blogging suffered, but so has my working out, cooking and cleaning!  So it's not just the blog! 

We have some fun outings planned for this weekend and I, of course, still have to tell you about Hong Kong so there will be some good posts in the future :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment