Friday, August 10, 2012

Hong Kong - Day 4

On our fourth day in Hong Kong, I got up and had lunch with Mr. and Mrs. S. while waiting for J. to come back from duty.  After lunch, we headed to the Jade Market in Mongkok.  

There were rows and rows of vendors selling all kinds of jewelry and trinkets:




We made a few purchases and then headed north towards the Ladies Market:


The Ladies Market was booth after booth of stuff (junk).  I purchased two iPhone covers and that was the extent of my shopping at the Ladies Market.

We passed Mongkok Stadium:


And then strolled through the Flower Market before heading back to our hotel:



I loved this whole store full of cacti!

We had dinner reservations at NOBU that evening and made plans with the A.'s to go early and see the Light and Laser Show over Victoria Harbor.

J. is the photographer in our family .... I assume that this picture was taken on a different mode than the pictures below


I really like this one with the boat

My favorite building is that one with the white diamonds on it


And this picture is blurry but I like it :)

The S.'s

A junk sailing through the harbor

Avenue of the Stars

NOBU made J. and Mr. S. wear socks with their flip flops ... apparently flip flops are not appropriate dining wear, but it is okay to wear gym shorts and Nike's or Chuck's.

:)

I really wanted to try NOBU, but I can't say it was the best meal I have ever had.  We had the rock shrimp which tasted a lot like the rock shrimp at Sunda in Chicago and we also had a few sushi rolls.  They were good and I was *SO* happy to have an actual sushi roll, since you rarely see that in Japan.  I hate to say it, but I miss American sushi!  And I feel 100% okay saying that, because my favorite foodie friend (who is also an amazing chef) says the exact same thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment