Thursday, August 16, 2012

Japanese Baseball - Game 2

During J.'s "summer break" we found ourselves on a train headed to Yokohama to cheer on the DeNA Baystars once again!  

It was a night game, so we stopped by Bashamichi Taproom on our way to the game.  And, once again, it did not disappoint!

I like Belgian beers so I opted to try their seasonal Belgian

We also feasted on BBQ Pizza, Brisket sandwiches, Pork sandwiches, macaroni and cheese and potato wedges.  I've been to the Taproom three times now and have never been disappointed!  If you have a large group, you might want to make a reservation.  The staff is English speaking so reservations are not hard to make!

And then we were off to the game!

Better seats this time

Fans

More fans

They had a bubble half-time show ... this was the best shot I could get with my iPhone

We bought "first come, first serve" tickets so we changed seats mid-way through the game

We think it was one of the last regular season games ... it was "Star Night."

Everyone received a blue glow stick on the way into the game ... after the game, everyone broke theirs and was waving them around (even though the DeNA Baystars lost).  Sometimes, the language barrier can be frustrating ... I would have liked to know what they were doing!

The crowd with their glow sticks

Take 2

I think the regular season is over now, we will have to find out if the DeNA Baystars made it to the play-offs!  If not, I guess we are done with baseball until the spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment