Let's talk about my week.
1. My hard drive crashed on Monday. So I've been computer-less since then. That is a long time my friends. I was so bored that I finished painting my office and started painting my downstairs half-bath. Two projects I've been putting off for over 10 weeks now. The good news is that I have a brand new hard drive and ALL of my data was recovered and transferred. And I purchased an external hard drive so I will never have to worry about losing all my data again! I also managed to get a new battery out of the deal, so basically I have a brand new MacBook Pro. And I got it all for free ... I NEVER buy extended warranty's, but apparently, for some unknown reason, when I bought this laptop 2.5 years ago, I sprung for the extended warranty. 2011 Sarah would like to send a big THANK YOU to 2009 Sarah. Now let's just hope this hard drive decides to last longer than the first one.
2. I found some super cute Missoni for Target manilla folders on clearance at Target this week. I tried to talk myself out of the purchase because really, who needs fun manilla folders? But luckily I went ahead and purchased them and I am so glad I did! They make my desk look so much prettier. Poor J. ... this desk no longer looks like a shared space. It looks like Sarah's space :)
3. Luckily we are moving soon so he will get over it.
4. While we still have quite a few more weeks of this deployment left, tomorrow is the last day that we can send mail to the ship. So, being the nice GF that I am, I asked J. if he had any specific requests for his last box. He wrote back and said "if you can make little bags for A., D. and W. that would be very nice of you. I know they would appreciate it." Well, that is not exactly what I was expecting to hear and, I have to admit, I was a little peeved. I mean, who is he, asking me to spend my day going out and making "little bags" for his friends?! Doesn't he know how busy I am cleaning his house, taking care of his dogs, paying his bills?! But then I got this brilliant idea to make them "Happy Movember" bags and send them stick on mustaches. All the guys in J.'s squadron are growing mustaches from now until they get home so it goes along perfectly with that. So I literally spent my entire afternoon yesterday, driving around the MV/Burlington area looking for mustache stickers and stick-on mustaches, along with snacks and candy to put in the bags. It was exhausting. Do you know how hard it is to find stick-on mustaches or mustache stickers?! Apparently scrapbookers are not into the mustache trend. I finally found some cheap stick-on mustaches at Michael's and this is how the bags turned out:
I was very pleased with them! I made the bags from Addy and Lucy so I made them pose with them. It was next to impossible to get a picture with both of them and the bags so here is Miss Lucy.
5. My kitchen is a complete disaster at the moment and instead of cleaning it, I'm telling you all about my week :) And breaking in my new TOM's. I started with black sparkly ones, which I loved, but decided they just weren't for me. Then I traded those in for navy to go with my navy puffy vest (winter uniform = puffy vest). But the navy's just didn't match very well so I traded them in again for gray. And I think I'm going to stick with them. But I really hate how they are tight when you first buy them. No, I don't want a pair of shoes that are tight and eventually loosen up. I want a pair of shoes that fit when I buy them!
6. Have you seen this electronics trade-in program on Amazon? If you have, have you traded anything in yet? I was super excited to learn about this program - I have a bunch of old cell phones and iPods that I didn't know what to do with! I am totally going to trade them in and buy myself something nice from Amazon :)
7. Whew. That was a lot. This week has officially made me feel like a desperate housewife. Luckily, next week is a court week so I will hopefully feel more like a lawyer :)
I hope you all had a wonderful week!