Saturday, October 15, 2011

Foodie Friday

I interrupt the September in San Francisco series to bring you Foodie Friday.  I'm pretty sure I've mentioned my obsession with Pinterest before ... you can find me here.  At first, I was just pinning things to my boards and enjoying browsing the site.  But over the past few weeks, I've actually started using recipes off my Eat Drink and Be Merry board!  So, of course, I had to share the recipes with you.  I don't take pictures while I cook ... I'm not good at it, I make a huge mess in my small kitchen when I cook and I do most of my cooking at night when the lighting is bad.  So all pictures below are compliments of Pinterest!



Sadly mine do not look this perfect.  My dog bone shaped cookie cutter is a little big and when I was rolling the dough out, I had cookies in mind not dog biscuits.  Next time, I will remember to leave the dough a little bit thicker!  However, Addy and Lucy don't care what they look like ...they love these biscuits!



O.M.G.  These are delicious.  And the batter is delicious.  I may eat the entire 13 x 9 pan myself.  My mom makes tasty pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, so this recipe reminded me of her and since I love the muffins, I figured the bars couldn't be bad :) 



I only made a half recipe because I was afraid I would devour all of the cookies immediately.  And I was right.  I had to hide some put some aside and take them to L.Rae in San Francisco so I would stop eating them.  Amazing.



YUM.  The Pioneer Woman inspired me to start making my own pizza crust last year.  I've made hers a couple of times, but was looking for a new recipe.  This was just what I was looking for.  I like that the recipes give you enough dough for two pizzas, so you can make one and freeze dough for the future :)  What I don't like about homemade pizza crust, is that it's best to let the dough sit overnight.  So if I get a pizza craving, I can't just whip up a pizza (unless of course, I've thought ahead and have dough in the freezer).  Overall, I liked the dough better than the pizza, but the white pizza was pretty good.  And, of course, you can always put whatever toppings you want on your dough.  You don't have to follow the recipe!



Two things ... I overcooked mine (whoops) and also cooked it in our cast iron skillet, so it wasn't as pretty as this picture.  With that being said, it was very tasty and I would make it again.  The original recipe calls for grilling the pork tenderloin which I wasn't going to do, so I loved how the recipe also gave instructions for how to make it in the oven!  I love it when people are thoughtful like that!  So, next time ... going to not overcook the meat and also maybe J. will be home and he can grill it for me! 



YUM.  I liked these better than regular lasagna!  They are like a big pan of lasagna, but pre-cut and easy to take for lunch the next day!  I made mine with italian sausage instead of pancetta or prosciutto and next time, I'm going to saute fresh spinach instead of using frozen.  There's something about frozen spinach that grosses me out.  And really, you could put anything in them that you want too ... more vegetables, meat or cheese!  I would also use more red sauce next time.  I used vodka sauce for mine (yum), but the rolls were a little dry, especially after being re-heated the next day.  I think more sauce would solve this problem!

Whew, I love Pinterest!  Just look at all these fun recipes I tried that I never would have known about without it!  Plus, now I have new food bloggers to follow.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I need to actually make/do some of the things I've pinned. Zucchini bread is on the to-do list. All of this looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lord, I want all of these!!!

    ReplyDelete