Thursday, November 3, 2011

Happy November!

Hello Friends!  

Happy November ... or should I say Movember?!  I cannot tell you how happy I am to get this month started.  Miss Lucy is finally starting her obedience training class, we are one month closer to J. coming home and one month closer to Christmas!  And for the first time in YEARS, I will be going to Texas for Thanksgiving!  I am looking forward to spending some quality time with my family (the big move will be here before we know it) and getting some sun and warm weather! 

November started off on the right foot out here in farm country.  I spent all day yesterday cleaning the house, cleaning out both of our cars, washing sheets and towels and the yard people came so the yard is in shape as well.  I think this may be the first time ever, that the house, both cars and the yard were all clean/mowed in the same day.  Yay November!

Today Miss Lucy finally started her obedience classes (we signed up back in September and have been patiently waiting ever since!).  The first class is people only, but Miss Lucy was asked to come and be the demonstration dog (clearly the trainer could tell that Miss Lucy is a star just from her application).  Lucy was the literally the picture of perfection ... several people asked why I was even bringing her to the class.  Well, let me tell you ... we stopped by Petco on our way home from class to stock up on the treats the trainer uses and a clicker.  We get home.  I open up the sausage to cut it up into little pieces.  I work with Lucy for 5 minutes and then go check on Addy.  What does Miss Lucy do while I am gone?  She gets up on the counter and proceeds to eat half of the sausage and then turns around and throws up on my new black and white rug.  That, my friends, is why Miss Lucy is signed up for obedience classes.  Let's hope she learns something.  

Miss Lucy at the park ... she is in her element!

A close-up of my sweet baby girl

We still have some time left in this deployment, but we are inching closer to homecoming.  And, let me tell you, I. CANNOT. WAIT.  I know I said the deployment wasn't that bad and it's been good for me, blah, blah, blah.  And it's not that bad and it has been good for me, but I. AM. OVER. IT.  I've done my time, I've conquered my fears and I'm tired.  Bring my boyfriend home!

And last, but not least, we are inching closer to Christmas as well!  Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year.  I love, love, love spending hours thinking of the perfect gifts for people and then going out and doing my shopping.  I think it's because I love to shop and I don't feel guilty when I am buying for other people :) 

I hope November treats you as well as it's going to treat me :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're getting close to homecoming!! BTW, we need to plan a girl's night, stat!

    ReplyDelete