Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ten on Tuesday #27 - Pasta!

Happy Tuesday friends!  Can you believe this?  It's two posts in one week!  The world must be ending :)  I couldn't skip this week's Ten on Tuesday because it's all about one of my favorite things ... pasta!  If you want to join the fun, head over to Roots and Rings to link up! 

1.  Red Sauce or White Sauce?
I like both, but I like red a little bit better than white.

2.  Do you prefer pasta you can twirl or stab?
Stab.  It's much easier to eat that way and then I don't look awkward trying to twirl the pasta, losing it all, trying to twirl it again and then only ending up with half of the original forkful in my mouth.

3.  Baked or broiled?
I don't think I've ever broiled pasta?  I guess I should look this up to see what I am missing out on!

4.  Do you like meat in your sauce or do you kick it vegetarian style?
Meat!

5.  Where have you had your very best pasta dish ever?
Ever?  That's hard!  I don't know.  There is an italian restaurant in Mount Vernon that I really like, Il Granaio, but I doubt it's the best pasta I have ever had, ever!  But it works for now :)

6.  What is your favorite pasta dish?
I like the baked pastas ... manicotti, ravioli, ziti.  Yum, lots of cheesy goodness.  Answering these questions is making me hungry!

7.  Do you serve meatballs when you make spaghetti or just do a meat sauce?
I honestly can't remember the last time I made spaghetti, but I don't usually make meatballs.  Too much work!  I need a good meatball recipe.  And then I should make a bunch and freeze them for easy meals!

8.  What type of noodles do you use?
If I make pasta and not a baked pasta dish, I usually use angel hair pasta.  I like them better than regular spaghetti noodles!

9.  What type of meats or vegetables do you put in your sauce?
Either italian sausage or ground beef.  Or a combination of the two.  For vegetables, I like zucchini, mushrooms, onions ... that's all I can think of off the top of my head!

10.  Do you make a "Sunday gravy" to use throughout the week or do you just open a jar of whatever and heat it up?
I've made my own sauce before and I've also used store bought sauce.  We don't eat a ton of pasta dishes so it just depends on the recipe and the amount of time I have!

1 comment: