Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer Salads

Happy Monday friends!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I discovered two delicious summer salads over the weekend that I couldn't wait to share with you all.  I stayed with my friends Sonya and Jordan this past weekend and we went to one of their friends house-warming parties.  Sonya made this salad for the party.  You need organic spinach, toasted almonds and a bottle of Asian Toasted Sesame dressing (Kraft).  Toss the ingredients together in a bowl -- you don't need to add the entire bottle to the salad, just enough to coat the spinach.  It's that simple!  You could easily add to the salad if you wanted something a little more elaborate!  

The other recipe is for Fresh Corn Salad with Spicy Shrimp and Tomatoes.  The recipe was featured on Tasty Kitchen this morning - and is not your traditional salad, which I like.  I made it for dinner tonight and it was delicious.


The salad was great as is ... but next time I make it, I think I'm going to add some feta cheese or some avocado and black beans.

Happy Eating friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment