Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Weekend Update

Happy Monday Friends!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Mine was the perfect mix of fun, friends and productivity.  I love weekends like that!  I also managed to not take one single picture (this is becoming a bad trend!) so I hope I don't bore you to death with a wordy post.

Friday night - after a VERY long week, I spent the afternoon running errands and cleaning before heading out for some yummy Mexican with my friend Fouz and her hubs.  Everett does not have many restaurants that I'd rave about ... but El Paraiso gets 4 stars in my book.  When you walk in, there is a little old lady making fresh tortillas by hand.  She slathers some butter and salsa onto one, rolls it up and hands them out as you walk in.  Once you are seated, they bring you homemade chips, salsa and bean dip.  And their menu is extensive and delicious.  Their only pitfall is that they don't have queso dip.  Bad for my tastebuds, good for my waistline!

Saturday - after sleeping in, I did MORE cleaning.  My house was disgusting ... and I'm trying to do a deep cleaning and also fix smudges on the walls so when we move out it won't be so much work.  I also took the girls to the dog park (in the rain!) and then headed north to have dinner with Mr. and Mrs. S.  We went to one of our favorite places in La Conner - Seed's.  It was a beautiful drive north and I wish I would have brought my camera!

Sunday - I ventured into Seattle with Fouz and E (check out here blog here) for lunch and Taste Washington.  What a fun day!  Fouz wanted to try Le Pichet for lunch so we headed downtown (on the bus, we're responsible drinkers!).  What a fabulous find Le Pichet was - it's a tiny little cafe with a very European feel.  We sat European style with the table next to us - and wound up meeting a wonderful couple who had traveled all over the world.  They were such fun lunch companions and a great reminder to be more open-minded to meeting people in odd situations.  We enjoyed great conversation and great food.  I loved Le Pichet's logo with the pitcher:



From there, we headed to Taste Washington (with a quick stop in a shop across the street from Le Pichet).  What a fun event - I wish I would have taken pictures, but there was just no time.  It was held in the Qwest Field Event Center and had 200 wineries and 60+ local restaurants.  There was no way we could have visited every booth during the three hour event, but we sure tried!  Some highlights were the Halibut Tacos from Salty's Seafood Grills (I HAVE to find out where they are located in Seattle and visit immediately!) and Beef Sliders from Smash Wine Bar & Bistro.  YUM.  There was also a ton of smoked salmon and oysters, but I'm not a huge fan.  I'm sure they were delicious though.  Wines I loved were Tagaris Winery's Clonk de Ponk ... love the name and the blend!  I also loved Apex Cellar's Sparking Red Wine and Chardonnay.  I love the concept of sparkling red wine!  The event was so much fun and definitely something I look forward to attending next year ... or perhaps sooner.  They have a smaller Taste Washington event in Portland in May, so if I can convince someone to go with me, I may make the trek!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend too!    

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you were busy! It was so much fun to see you ladies yesterday, even if it was brief. I'm glad you made it home safely! :-)

    ReplyDelete