It's Tuesday again ... you know what that means! Another edition of Ten on Tuesday. Link up over at Roots and Rings if you want to play along.
1. What is a food that you never thought you would try, but then tried and liked?
Tomatoes! I don't love them now, but I really like fresh tomatoes on bruschetta or BLT's.
2. Do you subscribe to any foodie publication? If so, which ones?
I don't! But maybe I will look through everyone's answers and find some that I like. I am always looking for new recipes.
3. What ingredient do you find yourself reaching for the most when you cook?
Garlic ... I think it's in just about every recipe that I cook.
4. Are there any foods that you hated as a child, but then learned to like as an adult?
Spaghetti sauce, chili, tomato soup ... basically anything tomato based!
5. What do you like to eat that others may consider weird?
I have an unhealthy obsession with Starburst jelly beans. They aren't really that weird, but the amount I eat is! I also love marshmallows.
6. What is the weirdest ingredient you've ever cooked with?
Hmm, I don't know. I'm not too creative when it comes to cooking so I don't think I've ever used any weird ingredients.
7. Do you have any major food allergies?
8. Is there an ingredient you would like to cook with, but are intimidated to try?
Not an ingredient really ... there are plenty of things I am intimidated to cook/bake. I 'd like to master creme brulee and fondant icing on the baking side and fondue would be fun on the cooking side.
9. Do you bake?
Yes, I love to bake. Cookies, bars, brownies, cupcakes, cakes ... anything really. The only problem is that J. doesn't really eat sweets, so I try to only bake if we are having people over or I can pawn the goodies off on someone.
10. If you could go an any "foodie" show to compete, which one would it be, and why?
I don't really watch any of the foodie shows, so I don't think I could even name one. I think it would be fun to tag along with one of the foodies on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives or some type of cake or baking show. Do they have baking shows? If not, they should!
I hope you are having a fabulous Tuesday! I am tired today ... but I get to sleep in tomorrow so I am looking forward to that!