Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What we're eating this week ...

Happy Monday friends!  Hope you all had a fabulous weekend.  It was super cold here and very snowy.  I am 100% over the winter weather and ready for spring.  Keeping my fingers crossed it comes sooner rather than later!

My report on last week's recipes:

Lasagna Skillet - great recipe.  This made a ton of food, was easier than lasagna and tasted great as leftovers.  I can't think of better qualities for a recipe!

Beer Can Chicken - very tasty.  It was so juicy and flavorful but it ruined my roasting pan.  I think next time I will line the pan with bags that you can get to cook turkey's in.

Chicken & Wild Rice soup - absolutely fabulous.  I used  leftover chicken from the beer can chicken that we made so I didn't poach the chicken as the recipe said.  I think I could have cooked the soup a little bit longer, but it was really good.  And it made great leftovers.

This week's recipes:

Monday night - leftovers.  We had a fridge full of leftovers so we worked on cleaning it out tonight.  I am happy to say that we succeeded.  There is just enough pasta leftover for J. to have lunch tomorrow.

Tuesday night - Chicken fried rice.  I don't have a recipe to post for this one, but our friends are apparently fried rice making experts and gave me some tips.  They say the key is to make your rice and then refrigerate it until it is cold.  Then you can fry it in a wok with whatever ingredients you want to add.  I think we will be adding eggs, onions, carrots and chicken.

Wednesday night - Creamy Scallops.  I am going to serve this over some angel hair pasta with a salad.

Thursday night - Asian Pork Tenderloin.  I think this recipe looks amazing.   I will let you know next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment