Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Two on Tuesday

I don't like the questions for Ten on Tuesday this week (I know, I know, I'm the only one who doesn't), so here are two things on my mind today:

1.  HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY STARBUCKS!!!  I love Starbucks and am very happy to be living in the Land of Starbucks ... where there is one on every corner, literally.  To celebrate their birthday, they unveiled a new logo.  What do you think?


A look at their logos over the past 40 years:


2.  I'm watching the Oprah Show where Tyler Perry revealed that he was physically and sexually abused as a child.  (I know that it aired in October, but it re-aired last week and I'm sick so I'm catching up on my DVR).  His childhood was so brutally horrific - he was severely beaten by his father for years and sexually abused by 3 men and 1 woman before the age of 10 - and he has managed to rise above it and become a successful, self-made man.  He was also able to not only forgive his father, but he built him a mansion and sends him a check every month.  And this is what his father had to say "If I had beaten you one more time, you would have been Barack Obama."  I cannot believe how horrible of a person his father must be.  Tyler Perry made it clear that while he has forgiven his father, he does not want a relationship with him and that the money and items that he has given his father are nothing compared to what he is not giving his father - a relationship with Perry.  I don't think I could be that good of a person ... what an extraordinary story.   

No comments:

Post a Comment