Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ten on Tuesday #7!

I'm jumping back on the Ten on Tuesday bandwagon this week!  We're foregoing any meal planning around our house this week because J. is off to "the boat" for 2 weeks and I'm going to work on cleaning out our freezer and pantry.  Whether or not we get a house, we will be moving when our current lease is up (our property management company SUCKS) and I'd like to move as little as possible.  Anyways, to join this week's Ten on Tuesday, visit Roots and Rings and link up!

1.  What condiments are always, always in your fridge?
Spicy mustard, ketchup, ranch dressing, mayo, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce ... those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head!  

2.   How do you like your steak cooked?  Your burgers?
I'm not a huge red meat eater ... but I have been eating more steaks since I moved in with J.  I like my steaks medium and my burgers medium well.  I don't know how people eat rare meat.  Gross.  

3.  What’s your favorite use for fresh tomatoes?
I'm not a huge fan of tomatoes ... but I do love a good BLT and bruschetta. 

4.  What’s your go-to dinner when you haven’t planned anything in advance and you don’t feel like going out?
Ordering Pad Thai from our favorite Thai place.  Or having breakfast for dinner.  

5.  What’s your favorite snack food lately?
I try REALLY hard not to snack but I love cheese and crackers, goldfish and Starburst jelly beans.  I recently discovered that Starburst jelly beans are available year round and my life hasn't been the same since.  

6.  What’s your favorite weekend breakfast to make at home? 
J. makes really good egg sandwiches, omelets, and pancakes.  

7.  What’s your favorite thing to grill?  How do you do it? 
We don't have a grill right now ... hopefully we will get one if we get a house!  But I like flank steaks, hamburgers, salmon and kebabs.  Yumm ... I'm getting hungry just thinking about grilling.  

8.  What’s your favorite wine for under $10? If you’re not a wine person, what brand of beer is your favorite?
Red wine = Root 1 Cabernet Sauvignon.  White wine = Ryan Patrick Naked Chardonnay or Clean Slate Riesling.  

9.  Give us your most delicious cocktail recipe.
Hmm ... I'd rather have someone else make me a cocktail :)  I don't have any bartending skills.  

10.  How do you like your eggs?
Fried without a runny yolk.  Or scrambled.  Or hardboiled.  Or deviled.  I think eggs are the one food product I could live off of forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment