Thursday, March 3, 2011

Stylish Bloggers

E. over at Random Stupidness gave me my first blogger award!  Thanks E.!  And it's such a nice one too ... it's the Stylish Blogger Award!  I knew that blog-lift was going to bring good things!


Anyways, these are the rules:

1.  Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.  Check.
2.  Share 7 things about yourself.  See below.
3.  Award 15 great bloggers.  This might be hard.  Not because I don't know 15 great bloggers, but because they don't know who I am!

Seven Things About Me:
1.  I was born in Chicago, Illinois.  Moved to Davenport, Iowa when I was 6 months old.  Moved to Edmond, Oklahoma when I was 5 years old.  Moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana when I was 15 years old.  Moved to Purdue University when I was 18 years old.  Moved to Indianapolis, Indiana when I was 22 years old.  And finally, moved to Everett, Washington when I was 25.  Whew.  I never know where to say I'm from when people ask.

2.  I had a horse when I was younger that I showed in horse shows.  I was totally one of those nerdy girls who spent all their time at the horse barn.  And I loved it!

3.  My sister and I were both born on holidays ... how'd you manage to do that Mom??  My birthday is on the Fourth of July and my sister's is on St. Patrick's Day.  They are two fun holiday birthdays to have!

4.  I like to watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy every night while I'm eating dinner.  And I've especially loved watching Jeopardy this week because it's The Teen Tournament and I actually know a lot of the answers (for once)!

5.  I love fashion and magazines and one of my dream jobs would be an editor at a fashion magazine.  My other dream jobs would be being the next Oprah and finding a way to get paid to travel.

6.  During law school I thought that perhaps the legal field was not for me.  And it worried me a lot because I'd spent three extra years and a TON of money getting a degree I thought I might not use.  Thankfully, my hiatus from working has given me time to volunteer at a legal aid clinic in Seattle and I'm happy to report that I've found a niche in the legal field that I absolutely love.  If you know anyone who needs help with a landlord-tenant issue, let me know!  

7.  I want to be a Real Housewife of Beverly Hills.

It was hard to come up with 7 things I don't talk about normally on the blog!  I hope you learned something new!

And the 15 (or 10 in my case) bloggers that I am nominating ...

1.  Cari @ Cari and Ryan
2.  Alana @ Life of a Military Wife
3.  Jessica @ Bleu Dress and Dress Blues
4.  NavyGirl @ Marrying the Navy
5.  Delishhh @ Delishhh
6.  Jeanna @ That's What Je Said
7.  Stevie @ Allow Myself to Introduce Myself
8.  Carolyn @ A Chocolate Covered To-Do List
9.  Megan @ Pretty in Pink Megan
10.  Kelsey @ The Seattle Smith's

I see two themes here: (1) Pacific Northwest and (2) MilSpouses!  And I know some of you were already nominated by E., but I love your blogs and think you are stylish too!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, thanks for sharing! I love learning new things about bloggers I follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek, both you and E got me on this! Now I should actually do it.

    P.S. So jealous that you showed horses. So jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks for tagging me :-)

    A friend of mine has two kids, her first was born on the 4th of July and her second was born on St. Patrick's Day! I agree, they are both great holidays.

    ReplyDelete