Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Mother Visits the Pacific Northwest 2011 - Visiting San Juan Island

So I suppose it's about time that I started blogging about all the fun things we did while the mother was visiting.  I've put it off long enough!  

She flew in on a Tuesday night and after picking her up from the airport, I took her to one of my favorite restaurants in West Seattle - Phoenicia.  J. and I were introduced to this restaurant by a couple of friends and we love it.  West Seattle has a great view of the city as well, so it's a great place to take visitors :) 

The Seattle Skyline

The Space Needle (with a plane above it!)

Paddleboarders + A Ferry

The next day, I introduced the mother to Iced Coffees from Starbucks and Costco.  And she bought me my birthday present - a Dyson vacuum!  But that's a post for another day.  After our morning outing, we headed over to Anacortes to catch the afternoon ferry to Friday Harbor.

On the ferry:



Our first stop was Pelindaba Lavendar Farm.  The fields were in bloom and it was gorgeous:





After Pelindaba, we drove over to Lime Kiln State Park to see if we could spot any whales.  Lime Kiln is supposed to be one of the best places to spot whales on land in the United States.  But, not when we visited!  I've been to Lime Kiln three times now and we've only seen whales once!



After Lime Kiln, we drove up to Roche Harbor and had a drink on the harbor.  It was a lovely way to end the day before heading back down to Friday Harbor to catch the ferry home.  We had great views the whole way home:









And then stopped in Anacortes to watch the sun set over the San Juans:


Anacortes from the top of the Majestic Hotel:


Our day was filled to the brim with fun activities and gorgeous weather ... the mother really lucked out with the weather while she was here!

No comments:

Post a Comment