Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ten on Tuesday #12

Well, I started this post on Tuesday, but didn't quite get it finished.  Whoops.  So, Happy Wednesday friends!  As promised, I am blogging from the new house!  We have been SUPER busy since I last posted.  We spent all day Thursday and Friday taking car loads of little things, boxes, clothes, pictures, etc. to the new house.  Four of J.'s friends came over on Saturday to help him move all the furniture.  I had to baby-sit Saturday night, so I didn't get a lot of organizing done.  Sunday, we spent the morning getting organized, but it was so beautiful out that we spent the afternoon and evening with friends in La Conner.  We've found this amazing little wine shop that has a patio overlooking the channel, so we like to go and have a glass of wine while watching the sunset.  It's absolutely gorgeous on a nice day.  This week will be very busy for me and then, starting next week, I am going to have a lot of free time.  I am looking forward to getting settled in, doing a little painting and organizing and enjoying my new house!  Anyways, let's get on to the main event.  If you'd like to play along, visit Roots and Rings to link up!

1.  What is the weather like in your city today?
It's actually sunny today!  It was a little bit cool, but nice enough to spend some of the afternoon outside. And it is ALWAYS nice to see the sun around here!

2.  Do you like the zoo?
I guess so?  I don't know, I don't love it but I don't hate it either.  I think it's fun to go see all the animals, but I don't go that often.  I can't remember the last time I was at the zoo.

3.  Do you eat coconut?
Not regularly, but I don't mind it.  I have heard a lot of hype about coconut water so I would like to try that sometime.

4.  Have you ever hammered a nail?  Are you good at it?
Yes, in fact, I just hammered a nail this evening!  I don't know if I'm good at hammering nails, how do you judge that?

5.  Does your family have a vacation destination that you visit often?
Not really, my grandparents always had a vacation house when we were growing up so we would go there sometimes and on other vacations other times.  They had a house at Innisbrook in Tampa, Florida when I was really little and then a ski house in Angel Fire, NM for about ten years when I was 8-18.  Now the only places I "vacation" are Houston and Indianapolis to see family.  I am DYING to go on a real vacation!

6.  How many pillows do you sleep with?
Two!

7.  What's the first thing you do when you wake up?
Put on my glasses.  And then check my emails.

8.  Will you send your kids to summer camp?
If they want to go.  I went to a two week summer camp one summer and it was slightly traumatizing.

9.  What do you put in your baked potatoes?
It depends -- if I am making twice baked potatoes I add butter, cream cheese, shredded cheese, green onions and sometimes bacon.  If I am just having a baked potato, I add butter and shredded cheese.

10.  Did you take swimming lessons as a kid?
Yes!  I was on swim team for a few years as well.

1 comment:

  1. It's been so nice to have some sunny weather. It makes the rainy days bearable. We definitely need to set up a happy hour date sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete