Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Something Borrowed

Happy Monday friends!  I usually do not like Mondays, but today was the best Monday I've had in a long time ... possibly ever?  Who knows.  Anyways, it was more like a Friday than a Monday and I couldn't have asked for a better way to start my week.  I meant to write a post about ALL the fun things I did over the weekend, but since I haven't uploaded the pictures to my computer yet and it's 10:55 on Monday night, I think the rest of the weekend will have to wait.

So, let's skip right to Sunday, shall we?  I met my friend, Mrs. S., for lunch at Calico Cupboard in Mount Vernon and then we went to see Something Borrowed.  Perfect afternoon.  I'd been to the Calico Cupboard in Anacortes and while I liked it, I wasn't overly impressed.  However, I loved the one in Mount Vernon.  It's in a huge old building, it's very opening with lots of seating and part of the restaurant overlooks the store next door.  The super cute, house decorating, store next door.  And the food was so fresh and delicious.  I can't wait to go back.  If you are ever in the Mount Vernon area ... you must stop by!

And ... you must go see Something Borrowed.  It was such a good movie.  It was hilarious and heart-breaking all at the same time.  And they followed the storyline of the book, which I always like.  Seeing the movie made me want to go re-read the books, but they are at my mom's house in Indianapolis so I'll have to wait until my next trip home.  Which just happens to be right around the corner :)  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment