Friday, May 27, 2011

Baked Buffalo Chicken Pasta

I made this pasta for J., G.S., N and their houseguest last night.  I was slightly nervous because the cheese sauce didn't look like it covered the pasta very well, but it turned out better than expected.  And it was really good!  I had compliments from all the boys - but maybe they were just being nice? - who knows.  All I know is that the pan was empty after dinner.  


The pasta in the picture above looks MUCH better than mine looked.  I think next time I am going to add some more cheese, I used about a cup of the shredded Monterey Jack so next time I am going to try two cups and also a little bit more Frank's hot sauce in the cheese sauce.  The recipe calls for 1/3 cup, which was a good amount but I could have used some more heat in my pasta!  I loved the addition of the green onions and gorgonzola on top.  Yum.  I only wish there were some leftovers (wait, did I just say that out loud?)

I served it with some strawberries, but I also think a salad or vegetable would go well with it.  I never know what kind of sides to serve with a dish like macaroni and cheese, especially when it has chicken in it.  It seems like a meal and side already.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment