Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What we're eating this week ...

I can't believe it's another Monday ... this year seems to be flying by.  Of course, I say that every year but I always feel like time is going by so fast.  I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend and are having a good start to your weeks!  This week we will be trying the following recipes:

Sunday night -- we had leftover chicken from the Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken that we made last week, so we mixed it with some barbecue sauce and had BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with baked beans and potato salad.  Yum!  I like to serve these sandwiches on dinner rolls that Safeway sells instead of regular bread or hamburger bun type rolls.

Monday night -- we are having leftover lasagna.  We were gone Friday and Saturday nights so we've got a lot of leftover lasagna to eat.  Luckily, it really is The Best Lasaga Ever so we don't mind having it again!

Tuesday night -- we will be going to the Mariners v. Tigers game!  Every Tuesday is Military Appreciation Night so we got tickets for $10.00!  We are going with some friends from Detroit so that should make the game a lot of fun.  We're planning on eating at Pyramid Brewery beforehand, it's right across the street from Safeco and also has a beer garden!

Wednesday night -- Asian Pork Tenderloin.  I blogged about this recipe a few weeks ago but I never made it.  We plan on having it with stir fried vegetables -- some sugar snap peas, bell peppers, water chestnuts and baby corns.

Thursday night -- Monterey Chicken.  I've made this recipe before and it was REALLY good.  We don't have a grill so I baked it in the oven and then added the toppings and it turned out really well.  I can't wait until we move and get a grill so we can have grilled Monterey Chicken instead of baked!

We aren't trying out a lot of new recipes this week, but hopefully our meal plan will give you some ideas!  I really think that planning ahead makes not only our grocery shopping easier, but our week nights easier as well.  Whoever gets home first doesn't have to look around the kitchen and decide what to make, they can just get started!

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment