Thursday, April 7, 2011

What we're eating this week ...

J. was in charge of meal planning for the week and he did a great job (and all the grocery shopping!)  I just might keep him around.  We're working on cleaning out our freezer and pantry in anticipation of moving out of our apartment at some point this summer.  It's nice to have things on hand "just in case" but it's also nice to eat them before they expire.

Sunday night - dinner at G.S. and N.'s house.  They made yummy ribs, we brought baked beans and these delicious brownies.  I was nervous about how the brownies would turn out because the batter was SO thick, but they are pretty good.  I used Double Stuf Oreos instead of regular Oreos and I think that if did it again I'd try regular Oreos.

Monday night - Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Stew.  Whew, what a name.  I was skeptical about this recipe, but it turned out to be really good and the leftovers were even better.  And I don't usually eat leftovers.

Tuesday night - Red Curry with Shrimp and Scallops.  This was DELICIOUS.  As in, I am considering running out to Trader Joe's and purchasing their entire stock of Red Curry Sauce.  I got a bottle of TJ's Red Curry Sauce, we added shrimp, scallops, green beans, potatoes, cilantro and served it over rice.  It may just be my new "go-to" recipe.

Wednesday night - leftovers.  J. has to work late and we have a fridge full of leftovers.

Thursday night - not sure what's on the menu yet.  If it turns out to be as delicious as our Red Curry, I'll be sure to post about it later :)

Hope you're having a good week!

4 comments:

  1. That red curry sounds amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love curry! :)

    I am stopping by from Kelsey's blog post today about Seattle. It is nice to "meet" other local bloggers.

    I live in Skagit County but we travel a lot for hubby's work. We will be back next week and I hope some of that sunshine starts to come out in time to see some great tulips :)

    Blessings!
    Long Wait For Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must check out that red curry sauce from TJ!!! Yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red curry is amazing girls, this week was the first time I tried it! So tasty!

    LaVonne - we are getting ready to move to Skagit County. J. is in the Navy and stationed at Whidbey so we're moving a little closer to the base! This is my first spring here, I am looking forward to seeing all the tulips!

    ReplyDelete