Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Weekend Update

It's Monday already?  How did that happen?  The weekends go by way too fast around here!  J. came home from the boat this weekend, so we caught up with some friends, cheered Butler on in the Final Four and got organized for the week.  Once again, I didn't take a single picture even though I lugged the camera around all weekend.

Friday night, we drove up to Oak Harbor and had delicious BBQ with some of J.'s friends.  I love BBQ and we don't get it very often around here!  From there, we headed down to Coupeville to meet up with some other Navy boys at a bar.  We had a great time catching J. up on all the things he missed while he was gone, drinking goblets of wine (ok that was just me) and playing pull tabs.

Saturday I was supposed to baby-sit but I woke up Saturday morning to find a text saying that the husband was sick so they wouldn't need me.  Free day!  J. had plans with Mr. S. and G.S. to go to watch the Butler game and go to REI so I decided to tag along because I wanted out of the house and going to Seattle is always fun.  We decided to watch the Butler game first and headed to the Belltown Pub.  We made it just in time for the game and happy hour - I love bars that have happy hours on the weekend - and we had a great time watching Butler defeat VCU.  Butler is not my team per se, but my team is out, my sister was good friends in high school with one of the players on Butler's team, I went to law school with a lot of Butler alums and it was so much fun last year to watch them make it to the Championship game in their hometown!  After Belltown Pub, we went to REI and then we headed over to Fremont to meet one of my friends for a drink.  We met at Brouwer's which was a great place to end our night.  They had a huge beer selection, it was a great atmosphere and the building it was located in was really cool.  My only complaint was that their wine list was ridiculously priced ... it was hard to find a glass of wine for under $10.00.

Sunday, J. and I got organized for the week.  We cleaned the house, went grocery shopping, worked out, etc.  And then we headed up to Anacortes to G.S. and N.'s house for a delicious dinner of baby back ribs and a viewing of Due Date.  The ribs were a-m-azing (I can't wait to get a grill!) and the movie was funny.  It was a great way to end our weekend.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  I'm wishing I was in Indianapolis tonight to watch Butler in the NCAA Championship!  Go Bulldogs!

1 comment:

  1. I loveeee reading about how another Seattleite spends their time!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete