Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What we're eating this week ...

This week is a short week for us ... we are heading to Indianapolis for a friend's wedding.  We've been looking forward to this weekend for a long time because our friend, Patman, who has been overseas in Afghanistan used his two weeks of R&R to attend the wedding.  We can't wait to see you!  (and the bride and groom, of course!)  Anyways, here's our recipes for the week:

Sunday - Pan-Seared Scallops with Linguine and Pine Nuts.  I tried this recipe back in October when J. was in Key West.  It's a delicious meal and a great recipe for those nights when you need something quick.

Monday - Crockpot Beef Stew.  I've been wanting to make a beef stew all winter and finally found a recipe that looks good.  The Pioneer Woman posted a beef stew recipe that looks AMAZING and I plan on trying in the near future, but for this week, I wanted something simple to throw in the crockpot.

Tuesday - The Pioneer Woman's Cajun Chicken Pasta, but we will be substituting shrimp for chicken.  Have to take advantage of the fresh seafood while we can!  This is a great recipe that we've made several times and love.  It's quick, simple and delicious!

Wednesday - leftovers!

Hope you all have a wonderful week!  Send me any new recipes you've tried lately!

1 comment:

  1. We're eating Crock Pot stew tonight, too. YUMMY.

    I'll have to give the Cajun recipe a try, the Pioneer Woman has never steered me wrong! I'll stick with the chicken, though, since I'm deathly allergic to shrimp. :-)

    ReplyDelete