Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Randomness

It's my half birthday and as a gift, Jimmy John's gave me 12 loaves of bread.  And no, I am not joking.  I went to our local JJ's on my way home from "work" today to get a loaf of day old bread.  But, they were out.  So the very nice manager offered to give me a loaf of fresh bread for day old price ($0.50).  And then he offered to give me more.  Supposedly, they are only allowed to keep the bread for 4 hours.  So I said, "Sure I'd love some free bread," and he gave me a giant bag of bread.  And when I came home, I counted and there were 12 in there.  What I am going to do with 12 loaves of bread, I do not know, but I am not complaining!

Moral of the story = go to JJ's late in the day and score lots of free bread.

Other moral of the story = people should celebrate half birthdays!

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know that JJ's discounted day-old bread! I know that Grand Central in P-Square has 50% off bread after 4pm.

    You could make bread pudding? Lots of sandwiches? Feed the birds?

    ReplyDelete